MAT 121 Intermediate Algebra
Exit Skills for Math 121
- Graph lines, find the slope of a line, write equations of lines and solve their applications.
- Determine whether a relation is a function, perform operations with functions, and determine domain and range of functions.
- Solve 2 x 2 linear systems using graphing, substitution and elimination.
- Solve 3 x 3 linear systems using elimination.
- Perform set operations.
- Solve absolute value equations and inequalities.
- Graph linear inequalities in two variables.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide radicals.
- Simplify radicals and rationalize denominators including higher roots.
- Solve equations containing one and two radicals.
- Simplify expressions using rules for rational exponents.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide complex numbers.
- Solve quadratic equations and their applications using completing the square, square root property and the quadratic formula.
- Solve equations of quadratic form.
- Graph quadratic functions.
- Use the distance and midpoint formulas.
- Write the equation of a circle in standard form and graph circles.
- Graph exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Solve basic exponential and logarithmic equations.
- Evaluate logarithms and use properties of logarithms to expand expressions or write as a single logarithm.
Additional Exit Skills for MAT 121 – Combined
- Determine the composition of functions.
- Determine the inverse of a function.
Additional Exit Skills for MAT 121 – Traditional
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide rational expressions and solve equations involving them.
- Graph linear equations and inequalities in two variables.
- Find the slope of a line and use it to find an equation of the line.