MAT 098 Beginning Algebra
Students should be able to complete the following.
- Understand and apply the properties of real numbers.
- Perform multiple operations in proper order.
- Recognize and identify the terms of a polynomial.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide polynomials.
- Understand the definitions and properties of exponents.
- Recognize and find the solution set of linear equations.
- Use the properties of equalities, addition and multiplication.
- Solve linear inequalities.
- Factor polynomials.
- Be able to identify the domain of a rational expression.
- Reduce rational expressions and perform operations with rational expressions.
- Solve equations containing rational expressions.
- Graph ordered pairs in the rectangular co-ordinate plane.
- Recognize and find ordered pairs that are solutions of a linear equation in two variables.
- Graph a linear equation in two variables.
- Find the solution to a system of linear equations.
- Simplify and perform operations with radical expressions (square roots).
- Solve quadratic equations by the methods of factoring and quadratic formula.