Students should be able to complete the following without the use of a calculator.
- Convert among percent, fraction and decimal notations.
- Solve applications using percents.
- Convert within and between the English and Metric systems.
- Construct and interpret statistical graphs and tables.
- Determine the mean, median and mode of a data set.
- Determine the area and perimeter of basic geometric shapes (e.g. rectangles, squares, triangles, trapezoids, parallelograms, circles) and determine the area and perimeter of combinations of two or more of these basic geometric shapes.
- Determine the volume, lateral area and surface area of a right circular cylinder.
- Find the volume of geometric solids (e.g. spheres, rectangular solids, cones, pyramids) and combinations of two or more of these basic geometric solids.
- Solve right triangles using the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide signed integers, fractions and decimals.
- Evaluate expressions and formulas using substitution.
- Simplify numeric and algebraic expressions using the order of operations.
- Solve multiple step linear equations.
- Solve applications of linear equations.