Event Title: Taking Marriage Private
Gen. Ed. Category Event should be listed under: Social Sciences
SCC Competencies addressed by event:
Explain social institutions, structure and processes across a range of historical periods, places and/or cultures.
Managing Information: Obtain information from a variety of sources and be able to critically analyze and evaluate the information for accuracy and relevance.
Guidelines for accomplishment of event
(If the link doesn't work, copy and paste it into your Internet browser.)
Read the above opinion article. Then research the topic of the article using at least two credible sources. Finally, each of the following must be addressed in a two-page paper:
1. What assertion is the author making?
2. What evidence is available to support that assertion?
3. What are the alternative ways of interpreting the evidence?
4. What additional evidence would help to evaluate the alternatives?
5. How is this relevant in our society? What changes do you foresee in future attitudes towards this topic?
SCC Event Creators: Vi Rajagopalan, Lisa Stoner, Barb Sullivan
FOR FACULTY USE ONLY:
Did essay fulfill SCC competency? YES NO PARTIALLY
Did essay fulfill event guidelines? YES NO PARTIALLY