Attend a Professional Theatrical Production
General Education Capstone Course
Event Details and Guideline Form
Event experience Title: Attending a live play production, either here at SCC Center Stage Theatre, or at the Fox, Muny Opera or the Black Repertory Theatre
Gen. Ed. Category Event should be listed under: Humanities
SCC Competency addressed by event:
- Demonstrate an awareness of the range of works in the humanities , (for theater include staging, spectacle, character, plot and thought.)
- Identify and apply the aesthetic standards used to make informed judgments in various fields in the humanities.
- Articulate an informed response to popular or classical works in the humanities.
Guidelines for accomplishment of event:
- Identify the play and when and where you saw it.
- Plot – Describe the main action or events that make up the story.
- Characters – Describe the personalities of the various characters onstage.
- Spectacle – Describe the visual elements of the play, including scenery, costumes and lights.
- Thought – What is the universal message or moral that you feel the playwright was trying to express? Use examples to support your idea.
You can check the SCC website for information about the Center Stage Theatre productions. Check the Riverfront Times for information about the Fox, Muny, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis and the Black Repertory.
Contact information available on the SCC Sophomore Portfolio (Capstone) website.
SCC Event Creators: Pamela Cilek and Lonna Wilke
FOR FACULTY USE ONLY:
Did essay fulfill SCC competency? YES NO PARTIALLY
Did essay fulfill event guidelines? YES NO PARTIALLY