The awards ceremony will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 25, 2013, in the auditorium of the Daniel J. Conoyer Social Sciences Building on the SCC campus. A montage of scenes from all eligible entries will be screened; category winners will be screened in their entirety. An “Audience Favorite” award will be selected by the audience at the end of the night.
Any SCC credit student enrolled during the 2012-2013 academic year or any current high school student in St. Charles, Callaway, Lincoln, Montgomery, or Pike County.
Documentary – 10 minutes or less: A presentation that records actual living characters and settings and/or details historical or current events. Infomercials, public relations videos, and promotional films are not eligible.
Comedy Shorts – 9 minutes or less: Original or minimally inspired works of comedy. The film should challenge, entertain, and/or provoke.
Drama Shorts – 9 minutes or less: Original or minimally inspired works of drama. The film should challenge, entertain, and/or provoke.
Music Video – 5 minutes or less: Non-narrative work set to a single piece of music that captures the essence of the sound in a form of a story or creative output. May include minimal footage from other sources.
Experimental/Animation – 6 minutes or less: All remaining genres of programs including, but not limited to, animation, experimental, computer graphics, special effects, and stop-frame techniques. All footage must be original.
- Submissions must be wholly produced, written, and/or directed by the person(s) offering the submission with creative responsibility belonging to the person(s) offering the submission.
- Works may be produced in any medium, but all submissions must be on DVD (set your software to Region 0) to be considered. Include three copies with your submission form; DVDs will not be returned.
- All rights, licenses, clearances, and releases necessary for exhibition or broadcast must be secured by the person(s) offering the submission.
- Submissions with incomplete entry forms will not be considered. If submitting two or more entries, the person(s) offering the submission must fill out an original submission form for each entry. Each entry must also be submitted on a separate set of DVDs. The sponsors shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the DVD(s).
- Entries that run long will not be viewed past the maximum time stated for the category. Preliminary judges will be required to watch no more than the first 10 minutes of each entry in all divisions.
- Submissions are due by 5 p.m. Thursday, April 18. On April 18 only, hand-delivered submissions may be brought to the Humanities Building, Room 203.
Submissions are due by 5 p.m. Thursday, April 18, 2013
Mail DVDs and Registration Form to:
Darren Osburn, associate professor, speech and communication
St. Charles Community College
4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive
Cottleville, MO 63376
SCC Student Film Festival Flyer