Many companies accept resumes only via the Internet and often a computer is scanning your resume – not a person. Scanners look for clear, concise information.
Use these hints to increase your success:
- Use simple fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri.
- Use bold words sparingly.
- Do not underline, use italics or all capital letters.
- Use clear, concise phrases – no sentences.
- Repeat skills listed in the job description or job ad within your resume. (Communication and writing skills, computer skills, etc.)
- Include all pertinent jobs and education.