Organizing Your Job Search
- Brainstorm a list of companies or organizations that interest you as a potential place of employment.
- Talk to people you know for some ideas.
- Research those companies that interest you, either via the Internet or other available resources.
- Bookmark those companies' websites in a "Favorites" folder on your computer.
- Determine the best job search method for you to contact these employers.
- Create and maintain a file, either paper or electronic, for each company that you contact and apply to.
- Record and file all correspondence and relevant information, including dates, times, and contact names.
- Be sure to follow-up after a contact, application or interview.