Networking - Practice Telephone Script
- Call a friend.
"Hi, Mark. I have a favor to ask and I'm wondering if you could help."
- Say exactly what you are looking for.
"I'm looking for a CAD job."
- Ask if they know of any job openings.
"Do you know of anyone who is looking for a full-time drafter?"
- Get the name and phone number.
"That's Craig Miller at Orchard Metallic Design?"
- Ask for information about the person.
"How long have you known him? Is he the person who would hire a new employee?"
- Get a recommendation.
"Could I tell him that you gave me his name to ask about a possible job opening?"
- Ask if they might be able to set up an interview.
"If I give you my resume, could you give it to Mr. Miller and ask if he would be willing to talk to me about a job?"
- Show your gratitude.
"Wow. Thanks so much."
- Follow up.
After the interview, let your friend know how it went.