Painting with Soft Pastels
Instructor: Linda Wilmes
(*prices subject to change)
- One set Prismacolor, 48 stick soft pastels, $56.19 (available at Cheap Joe's Art Stuff), or Artists' Loft 48 piece set at Michaels, $39.99 (use coupon for up to 40% off).
- One pad of Canson Mi Tientes asstd. color pastel paper, 12 x 16, 24 sheets, $9.19, or 11 x 14 estimated size.
- A board (styrofoam or masonite) to tape paper to, $3.
- Extra paper to cover finished painting for transporting home.
- Masking tape 3/4”, $.60.
- Wet ones or baby wipes, $1.
- One piece of medium grit sandpaper, $1.
- Small container of Isopropyl Alcohol, $.40.
- One small 1/4” flat inexpensive painting brush, $1.
*Estimated cost of supplies $ 72.69
Latex gloves to protect hands.
The pastels will last for years, and are archival, to produce many paintings.
Also, bring a drop cloth or other cloth to cover the floor, to collect fallen dust.