- 18" ruler.
- Vine charcoal (from Introduction to Drawing class).
Please note for the following supplies: You may choose the option of creating an acrylic and a pastel, or choose to work in just one medium. Only purchase what you plan to use.
- Acrylic paint (as a beginner, it is suggested to purchase inexpensive acrylic in small bottles, about $1 each).
- A pre-stretched canvas or canvas board, or a piece of smooth masonite.
- Acrylic fixative.
- Spray bottle for water (like an old Windex bottle).
- A shallow container (could be a plastic meat tray), size about 9 x 12. A shallow container with a lid would be great.
- A sheet of watercolor paper the size of your shallow container.
- The above three items will be used to make a moisture palette. You can buy one if you wish.
- Palette knife.
- Brushes – flat nylon bristles #6, 4, and 2.
- A box of pastels.
- A sheet of good grade drawing paper or pastel paper. Do not use paper with a slick finish.
- Can of fixative for pastels.