583.0 Release of Student Information
||The College will release student information in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), also known as the Buckley Amendment.
||Students have the right to inspect all of their educational records maintained by the College. A student has the right to request that the College correct any records found to be inaccurate or misleading.
||The College requires written consent from the student prior to releasing any non-directory information from their record.
||The College may release the following directory information without prior consent from the student: student name, date and place of birth, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of athletic team members, dates of attendance, current enrollment status, degrees and awards received, and the most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student.
||Upon request, the College will release to four-year colleges and universities the names, addresses, telephone numbers, academic program(s), and date of graduation for graduates or candidates for graduation.
||Students who want no directory information disclosed without prior written consent must inform the Admissions Office before the end of the second week of classes of a regular term and before the end of the first week of classes for the summer term. A request to withhold directory information must be renewed each semester.
||The College may disclose records without student consent to the following parties:
- College employees who have a need to know
- Other colleges to which a student is transferring
- Certain government officials in order to carry out lawful functions
- Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student
- Organizations conducting certain studies for the College
- Accrediting organizations
- Individuals who have obtained court orders or subpoenas
- Persons who have a need to know in cases of health or safety emergencies
- State and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant to specific State law
||All employees will be informed of their responsibilities under FERPA. Employees will be expected to fully comply with this policy and College guidelines regarding release of student information.
Policy Code Key
Content Owner: Donna Davis—email@example.com
Page Updated by: Jessica James