422 International Student Admissions
||International students who wish to come to the United States under educational visas or who are already in the United States under visas that would allow educational pursuits may be admitted to the College. Applicants must meet minimum English language, educational, and financial requirements specified by the College.
||Students classified as international students by the College will pay the international student tuition rate.
||International students who are requesting I-20s for F-1 visas to study at the College must fulfill the following requirements for admission:
- Secure an "International Student Application Packet" from the Admissions office and follow the procedures outlined.
- Complete an SCC application for admission.
- Score 500 or above on the written TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), score 173 or above on the computerized version or a minimum of 61 on the Internet version.
- Submit official transcripts of records from all secondary schools attended. Such records should be translated into English.
- Submit a Certified Financial Responsibility Statement, demonstrating proof of adequate finances for the entire period of planned attendance.
- Submit a signed "Conditions of Enrollment" statement.
- File all of the above documents with the Admissions office by the designated deadline date.
- Meet with an International Student Advisor to register for classes.
- International students must provide proof of medical insurance each semester of enrollment.
||International students holding F, H (except H-1B), J, O-2, P, or Q visas will pay the international student tuition rate.
- An unemancipated minor student holding a visa in the categories specified above, who is dependent on and living with a parent or guardian resident in the district who has permanent alien status or who holds a visa in a category other than those specified above, will pay in-district tuition.
- A non-immigrant alien holding a visa in a category other than those specified above will pay in-district fees if (s)he has established residency within the district.
Policy Code Key
Content Owner: Donna Davis - email@example.com
Page Updated by: Jeanine M. Williams
Date Issued: 8/93
Date Revised: 1/17/07